May the roof above us never fall in
And may we good companions beneath it never fall out.

~Irish blessing


Thursday, November 10, 2011

Half way there

I can't believe we're already half way to our babies due date already. We had our 20 week scan last Thursday and although we decided to hold off on finding out the sex, it was still exciting and relieving to see the heart pumping away healthily and all the right numbers of fingers and toes.

On the home front, the nesting continues unabated although in our small house I'm finding I need to clear out twice the amount of stuff for everything that's coming in. I am more frustrated than ever with any kind of clutter and feel an overwhelming need to have everything clean, simple and organised in preparation for what I'm imagining will be chaos, at least to begin with With only 19 and a bit weeks left there is some pressure on getting the second ensuite finished, as we can't set up the nursery until it's done because of all the plaster dust and whatnot that inevitably fills the room.

This is what the nursery looks like now


and I think it will have to remain that way until at least the new year. In the mean time, here are a few more favourite childrens' room photos from my collection.








Isn't that pirate ship room unreal? Love it.

2 comments:

  1. Bloggy friend, I have thought of you this week and wondered how you were doing. So happy for you that everything is sailing smoothly for your second half of pregnancy coming up. I know what you mean when you are overwhelmed by clutter. Even just a little corner of clutter can drive me a bit bonkers. But some more messy living will be in our lives over the next few weeks as we're getting our floors done. Changing from carpet to laminate "fake wood" and I'm so excited as we've intended to do it for years but kept spending the money on travel instead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks LI, and good luck with the floors. The new timber laminates look great. We don't have a skerrick of carpet left in this house, just boards and rugs and I really prefer it - much easier to vacuum!

    ReplyDelete