May the roof above us never fall in
And may we good companions beneath it never fall out.

~Irish blessing


Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Flokati rugs for a nursery?

I've noticed quite a few flokati rugs being used in nurseries, and I must say I love their warm white luxuriousness.











All images via decorpad.


They're fairly inexpensive from Ikea and would break up the floorboards in our little room nicely. I'm wondering though how kid-friendly they actually are? I'm imagining food, playdough or something worse becoming squidged between those cloud-like fibers and end of story. We purchased one of those ultra-soft white sheepskins from Ikea some time ago for our dog to lie on, and frankly after a few washes it looks like roadkill. Has anyone had one of these rugs? and attempted to wash it?


Incidentally, if anyone is after a white sheepskin rug I saw them for sale even cheaper at behemoth Costco.

EDIT: On reading, Tom sent me this.


No comments:

Post a Comment