May the roof above us never fall in
And may we good companions beneath it never fall out.

~Irish blessing


Thursday, July 28, 2011

Raindrops

Don't you love how beautiful the garden is when it's fresh with raindrops? In winter the garden required so much less maintenance and each visit provides new discoveries.



The aquadulce broadbeans have such smart black and white flowers.


The broccoli romanesco is still untouched by posssums, and I'm noticing little side shoots emerging rather than just a single head. I wonder how the purple buds will develop. They were also unexpected.


I finally had a chance to have a look through the new Diggers catalogue. I figure with the greenhouse I can finally get an early start on summer because I'm always planting out seedlings too late. Corn, beans, cucumbers, melons and tomatillos are on the top of this year's list.

No comments:

Post a Comment