May the roof above us never fall in
And may we good companions beneath it never fall out.

~Irish blessing


Monday, June 20, 2011

A Trip to the Nursery

Is it just me or are small terracotta pots just completely useless for growing edibles. After trying rocket, land cress and even failing with garlic chives in my smaller pots I've given up and decided to treat myself to some new succulents. Not very functional but I love them.

Can't remember the name of this one but it's sooo pretty.


Beautiful blue lotus echeveria.


An aloe for my husband who loves the spikeys. I generally like rounder foliage but have to admit this one is very cool.


A luscious succulent aptly names 'Purple Blob' in the foreground, and a gorgeous red sedum in the back.


Plus we picked out a couple more native plants for the front garden. Kangaroo paw...


...and this beautiful Grevillea Ellendale (fililoba) which has the softest green fronds and flowers that look like Chinese lanterns.

2 comments:

  1. Some herbs should do okay in pots - dill is not too fussy and thyme is okay. But who cares - the succulents will nourish your soul. Cedum is used a lot green roofs and walls its a hardy bugger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Googling sedum roofs - how awesome are they? I want to do the shed!

    I love Dill and keep trying to grow it but it gets a few cm high and turns up its toes. Maybe it needs more regular watering?

    ReplyDelete