May the roof above us never fall in
And may we good companions beneath it never fall out.

~Irish blessing


Monday, February 9, 2009

Heat, Wind and Fire

Yes, a lot of our plants are pretty scorched after the windy 46.4 degree day we had on Saturday. I've found gardening requires resilience in the gardeners as much as the plants, and I have to pick my battles and keep some perspective when dealing with nature. After feeling a pang of disappointment at some of the losses in our garden during the weekend heat, nothing has given me more perspective than turning on the news to see the lives and homes lost due to the extreme conditions. My thoughts are with the victims and their families.


Burnt out ... the state forest in Healesville. Picture: Ellen Smith. Pictures: Victoria's killer bushfires

No comments:

Post a Comment